We are very excited to invite you to the Advanced Mutuality Skills course being offered September 9-16, 2017 in Portland, Oregon. We really hope you will join us for this extraordinary event!
For those considering repeating AMS (we welcome mentors and AMS grads), this course will be unlike any AMS course before; the curriculum has been updated to match our deepening experience of the second life process (we’re offering a special price for repeaters; see below). This course will be taught by senior teachers.
This week-long course is designed to deepen your understanding and experience of mutuality, expand your discriminative awareness, and provide training in mentoring skills, should you choose to go in that direction. Whether or not you’re considering mentoring others, the experience of being in this course and learning these skills will support your own process of integration and evolution in your second life. Mutuality is fundamentally about the recognition that self and other are not separate. The implications of that require us to relate with each other at a level we’ve never known before.
The Mutuality groups that form at this event won’t be only about greenlighting each other and saying supportive things; they’ll also be about taking supportive action. We’ll be exploring ways to help each other fulfill our purpose and live our deepest truth. We’ll also be discussing:
- What mutuality is and isn’t
- Challenges in understanding and trusting each other
- Mutuality in friendships and intimate relationships
- The roles of honesty, compassion, and dignity in mutual trust
- The meaning of “other realization”
- Mutuality and hierarchy: issues with teachers and organizations
- Practicing mutuality with peers, elders, juniors, and others in the world
- Finding the balance between honoring your truth and the truth of others
- Navigating mutuality in the broken zones
- Learning how to bless and support each other to actualize our full potential
The second birth awakens a whole new capacity for discrimination. To reduce unnecessary pain, we must apply our growing discriminative awareness to our relationships, with everything we experience, including our own minds, our whole Being beliefs and conditioning, our relationships with others, and our work in the world. We’ll explore:
- How the awakening process changes radically after the second birth
- Balancing feminine skills of holding and greenlighting with masculine skills of discipline and discrimination
- Going beyond conditioned reactions that keep us stuck in unnecessary suffering
- Taking responsibility for ourselves
- Fears that keep us from risking and daring
- How thoughts and beliefs can keep us in fantasy
- Listening to the impulses of inspiration and creativity
We’ve long since known that mentoring helps mentors even more than students. This makes the path of mentoring one of the most accelerated journeys of self discovery and self actualization we know of. We’ll be considering:
- The differences between mentoring and teaching
- Holding others as a sacred mystery
- Working with shame, blame, and defensive reactions in yourself and students
- Working with core issues and discriminating gifts from brokenness
- When and why to suggest other forms of help for aspirants
- The extreme importance of coconut yoga
- Reparenting issues and your role in healing family wounds
- Understanding the power differential between you and aspirants
- Sexual ethics in the context of our work
- Confidence: trusting in yourself and standing in your own authority
Morning large group meetings will focus on topics mentioned above (along with others that are important to you); afternoon small groups are designed to assist you in your most cutting-edge personal exploration. This event takes place over the course of eight days.
The retreat begins at 6:30 pm on Saturday, September 9 and ends at 11 am on Saturday, September 16. Wednesday is the day off. The retreat address is 8621 SW 57th Avenue, Portland, Oregon.
|Large Group||Lunch||Small Groups|
The cost of the Advanced Mutuality Skills retreat is $1365. The price for those repeating this course is $1125 if paid after that date.
This price does not include the cost of food, lodging or airfare.
We have some tuition support available. To apply, please fill out our tuition support application.
If you need to cancel before April 15, $100 will be non-refundable and the balance will be returned to you. If you cancel after April 15, the Institute will keep $500 and the balance will be returned to you. For cancellations made two weeks or less before the course begins, no refunds or credits will be given.
Any questions about retreat logistics can be addressed to Hillary Davis at email@example.com